Thursday, 7 March 2013

And so it begins


It's been a month since the leg surgery and all seems to be well. I went for my first run yesterday -- a short 1.5 miles. Considering I haven't run regularly since last July, it went really well. This morning I even did some light yoga. I'm feeling better already. My last appointment with the doctor is in a week and a half. After that, I'll consider devising a proper running plan.

And there's big news in the X family --- Momma X retired at the end of February. On the same day as Pope Benny actually. Coincidence?!....Yes, because we're not Catholic. After 25+ years working at the same crappy place, she's finally free. If there's anyone still reading this blog and you can be arsed, do wish her well in the comments.

10 comments:

Nitmos said...

She just couldn't work in a world without a pope?

One Crazy Penguin said...

Glad to hear that you're back to running :)

And all the best to your mama!

MCM Mama said...

Congrats to your mama! And yay for a starter run!

Redhead Running said...

Welcome back to running! Glad to hear you've made a full recovery and congrats to Momma X on her retirement!

Carolina John said...

Best of luck to MomX in the retirement! So nice to have earned that over the years and be able to reap the rewards of a hard earned career.

Good job getting some yoga in too. It's a great way to help the leg recover and keep the core strong.

Viper said...

Congrats to you and your mom. And welcome back, Kotter. Cheers!

Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

I am so much lazier than you - when I start back after not running I literally just do half a mile. Half a mile! The lazy is strong in me.

Deb said...

So let me get this straight - Momma X and Teh Pope are both now living lives of leisure? Poppa X better be vigilant...

Great job on getting back to running!

Jamoosh said...

Your Mom is not retiring with the Pope, is she? That would be awkward.

Keith said...

Lets hope Momma and the ex-pope don't get carried away together in their mutual retirement. Congrats are due to both of them. Your Momma for retiring, since retirement is much on my mind these days. The Pope for, well, lets not get into that, shall we.
Glad to her the surgery went well. Hope the running goes well, and you don't push too much, too soon.