- Thanksgiving plans went a bit awry. The original venue had to be scrapped because someone’s kid turned into an infectious carrier monkey. Therefore we dined at my place and I ended up cooking all of Thanksgiving dinner (sans dessert) on my own for the first time ever. People actually ate the food and didn’t croak afterward, so I’m pretty proud of myself.
- I reached my weekly HBBC goal of 28 points last week. Of course that pales in comparison to the juggernauts who scored in the 70s and 80s. I know I don’t workout as much as I should or could, but, holy moly, wth are these people doing? And if it’s crack, can I have a go too?
- I ran 4 miles on Wednesday and then I wimped out until Sunday because the temps were a bit cold for my liking. But I got in just over 3 miles yesterday for a weekly total of 11 miles and some change. That’s my highest weekly average since May. Yeah, 2010 has been a big old gutter ball for me.
- One day when the temps were in the low 20s I saw a dude running in shorts. I thought that was nuts, but perhaps I’m just a wimp like that. This made me curious though – what temperature does it need to drop to for you to break out your long running pants/tights?
- I have 16 days left before I am stateside. So cannot wait for that.
- In that time I have to complete two chapters, a conference paper and submit a funding application.
- Wednesday I have a super important meeting I hope not to cock-up.
- Oh, and tomorrow is the anniversary of my aging process. That and the second anniversary of my first marathon. Ah, those were the days.
- I’ve violated my own rule and already put up my Christmas tree. [Editor’s note: The rule being no Christmas crap until after my birthday.] It’s only a little desk tree though. Please tell me I’m not the only one to have done this already.
Hope you’re all doing well.